Tuesday, April 5, 2011

FHE Garden building

Mike had a great idea for FHE. He called to check with our landlord about planting a garden in our backyard and sure enough, they will let us! So Mike did some research on square-foot gardening and the cost of boards, etc. After we both got home from work, we ran to Lowe's and got our boards and screws. *fyi: Lowe's can cut your boards to whatever size you need... awesome. We brought it all home and started assembling our garden boxes. We got the lawn fertilized... built (2) 4x2ft garden boxes, and planted my 3 flower pots. It was a total blast! We finished the evening with a fun dinner date. It was a super fun evening. I just love being with my honey. I can't wait to plant our garden. We're thinking zucchini, summer squash, peas, and probably tomatoes. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to get our garden started. I think we'll have to do that square foot gardening because our soil is so crappy. I thought it would be hard to do, but you guys made it look easy. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is really cute! And this is an awesome FHE idea.. Ive heard good things about square foot gardens!! Hope you guys had a great trip to cabo! :D

    ReplyDelete

New Template