Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lots of thoughts...

So today, I got off work a little early. Instead of just going home, I went to the cemetery. Why you ask.... lots of reasons. One of my very good friends from jr high and high school was killed in a car accident just over 4 years ago. We were such good friends. The kind of friends that don't need to talk to each other every day but don't skip a beat when we are together. We had crushes on each other back in jr high and just became best friends throughout the years. The last few months that I saw him, I helped tutor him in Math 1010 at weber state. He struggled with the decision to serve a mission so instead of pushing him to do so, I just bought him a Preach My Gospel manual and would study with him. It was so fun to be with him! The last time I saw him was at church, he was attending my ward for a missionary farewell, he gave me a hug, told me he wanted to go on a mission and told me he loved me (as a best friend of course :). 9 days later, he fell asleep while driving home and crashed into a tree. He passed away at the scene. The next morning, I was asked to sing at his funeral. That week was probably the hardest few days I've ever had to endure. Yesterday was his birthday and he would have been 23. I went up to the cemetery by myself and just sat under the tree by his graveside. It was so wonderful and peaceful. I've been missing him a lot lately and I could feel his spirit there with me. I'm SO thankful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation that I have. Life would be so much harder without it. I know I will see my sweet AJ again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Template